|Programme and Activities
Activities and Outcome
- Training and education programme of short and long durations including seminars, symposiums, workshops and conferences as a means of continuing education and training for practicing urban managers, elected representatives, administrators and other stake holders in government and non-government sector.
- Programmes and activities may cover concepts, principles and techniques related to development administration and management in government in general and in Urban Local Bodies in particular.
- Policy oriented research, consultancy and extension services for the evaluation and formulation of public and social policies.
- Assist urban local bodies, public and private organizations to improve their administration and management through consultancy and by extension services.
- Publication and production of research papers, treaties, periodicals, books, and other literature related to education and training.
- Institute and award scholarships, visiting fellowships, stipends, loan and other financial assistance to suitable and deserving students and scholars.
- Establish collaborative and professional linkages with educational, training and professional institutes in any part of the world, having similar objectives by exchange of faculty and scholars, joint research in such a manner as may be conducive to the development of common professional objectives.
- Function generally as the apex and nodal urban institution of the central region of India to provide training to set standards of proficiency in urban affairs.
- Act as a Think Tank and Knowledge Hub.
- Provide need based capacity building support to its stakeholders.
- Preparation of training materials and competency based Modules and best practices documents.
- Organizing training of trainers, exchange visits etc.
- Run professional courses.
- Maintain close links and liaise with Industry and Chambers of Commerce.
- Network with National and International agencies -learn from each other.
- Undertake policy and action research and provide consultancy.
- A national platform for exchanging view and ideas among political executives and Urban Managers leading to effective decision making.
- Enhance understanding of urban policy and administrative integrities of municipal administration.
- Need based training leading towards effectiveness of Municipal Administration and Development on sustained basis.
- Responding to professional queries and filling knowledge gap through “Knowledge Hub”.