Urban Sector Needs – Areas and Input Analysis
- Decentralization - alternative system of public management.
- Functions of urban local bodies including spatial and regional planning,
- Tensions in Federalism.
- ULBs system and procedures – finance, municipal engineering, social security, public service delivery, utility management, social and participatory development.
- Issues related to inclusive and sustained urban development and governance – street vendors policy.
- Championing Disclosure law and participatory planning.
|Urban Planning and Infrastructure
- Provision of basic services to urban poor including security of tenure at affordable prices, improved housing, water supply, sanitation and ensuing delivery of other already existing universal services of the Government for education, health and social security.
- Tools and techniques of infrastructure development and its management.
- Urban Transport, Transport Policy
- Provision of basic services to the urban poor, including security of tenure at affordable prices
|Urban Services and Urban Poverty
- Civic Amenities – Water, Solid Waste Management, Road, Parks, building regulations and other services
- Urban Poverty Reduction : RAY, SJSRY and other programmes
|Municipal / Public Finance
- Resource Mobilization – Scope, areas and instruments
- Municipal Finance – Double entry accounting system, prudent fiscal instruments, PPP etc.
- ICT for A to A, A to B and A to C for Urban Management – such as;
- GIS and MIS
- Public service Delivery
- TQM and excellence in service.
- Bench marking
- Monitoring and Tracking
- Grievance redressal
- Making city Intelligent
- Business enterprise etc.